A feat is a special trait that changes the way an Attribute works for your character, and represent something heroic that your character can do that most normal people can’t. Generally, feats give you a bonus (almost always +2) to a certain Attribute when used with a particular action under specific circumstances, or allows you to do something that would otherwise not be covered by the Attributes. Feats are typically created by filling the parenthesis in the following sentences:
Because I [describe some way that you are exceptional, have a cool bit of gear, or are otherwise awesome], I get a +2 when I use my [pick an attribute] to [pick one: attack, defend, create advantages, overcome] when [describe a circumstance].
- Because I am a Smooth Talker, I get a +2 when I use my Manipulation to create advantages when I’m in conversation with someone.
- Because I am a Lover of Puzzles, I get a +2 when I use my Wits to overcome obstacles when I am presented with a puzzle, riddle, or similar conundrum.
- Because I am a World-Class Duelist, I get a +2 when I use my Dexterity to attack when engaged in a one-on-one swordfight.
- Because I have a Riot Shield, I get a +2 when I use my Strength to defend when I use my shield in close combat.
- Because I am a Two-Fisted Gunslinger, I get a +2 when I use my Dexterity to Attack if I have a pistol in both hands.
Because I [describe some way that you are exceptional, have a cool bit of gear, or are otherwise awesome], once per game session I can [describe something cool you can do].
- Because I am Well Connected, once per game session I can find a helpful ally in just the right place.
- Because I am Quick on the Draw, once per game session I can choose to go first in a physical conflict.
- Because I tend to be In the Right Place at the Right Time, once per game session I can show up somewhere I would not have otherwise been, provided I’m not two places at once, no matter what else I was doing at the time.
There is only one real limitation to Heroic Feats. The feat must be at least possible in the real world. This is flexible, the Scion world uses “Action Movie” physics, but for the most part, if there was no possible way someone could do it in real life, it shouldn’t be possible through a heroic feat.